Me as the Opposite Sex {30 Day Drawing Challenge}

Another stumper. Physically, easy. All I'd have to do is upload a picture of my third kiddo (the only one out of FOUR who looks like me...

Another stumper.

Physically, easy. All I'd have to do is upload a picture of my third kiddo (the only one out of FOUR who looks like me... guess who had the dominant genes in our family?).

Mentally, emotionally, spiritually? That's an entirely different animal.

As an only child, I didn't have a lot of gender pressure growing up. If anything, I disappointed my mother by leaning toward the frilly and girly and feminine all by myself. I wanted dresses and ruffles and makeup... she wanted jeans and boots and cowboy hats.

What if I'd been born a boy?

I would have been a nerd. I know it. With glasses and weird clothes and my nose in a book. Hey, come to think of it, I was pretty much like that as a girl.

And as an adult? If I were a man?
The first thing that comes to mind is what life would be like without PMS. (Heavenly!)
The second thing is that I wouldn't have that mom-connect with my four kids. Some days that's a good thing, and some days I wish I could cauterize those invisible ties. (Not worth the trade, as painful as it can be.)
The third thing? I would still feel like a fraud and a failure... one who has failed to live up to potential.
Interesting. When it comes right down to it, I'd still "feel" the same way if I were a guy.

Wow. I just drew a picture of my dad 25 years ago.


30-Day_Part2

Our other participants:
Niki Nowell
Bill Davis
GirlyGeeky
Free2B2Much
Niki Turner
Notes From The Backseat
Zoe Nowell
Marilyn Quinsaat [posting on Facebook]

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Disqus for In Truer Ink

ads