B is for Babies! (an A2Z post)

I've got babies on the brain today. My daughter delivered her second child last night, our first granddaughter! Gracelyn Violet Walke...

I've got babies on the brain today. My daughter delivered her second child last night, our first granddaughter!

Gracelyn Violet Walker

She looks like a little pixie (although that might be the pointy hat), and she's tiny! 5 pounds, 12.5 oz. and 18.75 inches long.

Today was also the first day of high school for MY baby, Josh, the youngest of my four. When I was pregnant with him, I was convinced he was going to be a girl, and he refused to cooperate with the ultrasound tech to let us know. I had a girl's name all picked out... Grace Estelle. It has taken almost 15 years, but I finally get my Gracie.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my Josh for anything. He's my hugger, just like his dad (also the baby) was with his mom, even as a big, scary teenager. Josh got on the big yellow bus this morning at the crack of dawn (literally, he's the first one on the route) and headed off for his first day of high school. I can't wait to hear how it goes, but I believe he will do well and succeed!


Needless to say, I'm a little distracted with all these babies! I'm taking care of my not-quite-16-month-old grandson, Talen, and waiting for his mommy and daddy and baby sister to be released from the hospital tomorrow. I'm a little giddy, a little sleep deprived, and a lot busy! But that's what babies are for, right?

Find more A2Z meme posts here...



You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Disqus for In Truer Ink

ads