You are the decisive element...

I have this quote hanging on my wall. Every time I read it I'm inspired to do some things differently in my thinking, in my words and a...


I have this quote hanging on my wall. Every time I read it I'm inspired to do some things differently in my thinking, in my words and actions, and especially in the way I treat other people.
Thought I'd share it with you today ... enjoy!

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element:
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.
I can humiliate or humor; hurt or heal.
In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or deescalated, and a person is humanized or dehumanized.
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse.
If we treat people as they ought to be,we help them become what they are capable of becoming.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Disqus for In Truer Ink

ads