To NaNo or not to NaNo?

http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com I seem to be in confession mode here. Perhaps therein lies the true power of the personal blog post ...

http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com
I seem to be in confession mode here. Perhaps therein lies the true power of the personal blog post ... the ability to bare one's heart and soul before an audience with an expectation of accountability, of support, even just the knowledge that someone else out there knows what you're going through.

Outside of blog posts, newspaper articles. grocery lists and Facebook status updates, I've scarcely written a thing in months. Oh, a few hundred words here and there, but certainly not the consistent progress I need to meet goals.

What's wrong with me? I've asked myself that question hundreds, maybe thousands, of times. The answer varies from the classic "not enough time" to "overwhelmed by change" to more random excuses. All – mind you – excuses.

Now, with a little more than a week before the 1st of November, I find myself involved in an internal debate.

TO NANOWRIMO, or NOT to NANOWRIMO?

For the uninitiated, Nanowrimo stands for "National Novel Writing Month." During the month of November, NaNo participants accept the challenge to pound out a 50,000 word manuscript in 30 days.

Shall I NaNo this year?
I've got another week to decide.
How about you? 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Disqus for In Truer Ink

ads