Quickly! Quickly! {an A2Z post}

This has to be quick. Quick. REALLY quick! It seems like there's never quite enough time in the day to do all the things I want to ...

This has to be quick.
Quick.
REALLY quick!

It seems like there's never quite enough time in the day to do all the things I want to do, need to do, should do, have to do, ought to do.

My want-to's (working on my WIP, craft projects piling up in the back bedroom, plucking my eyebrows so I don't look like Bert from Sesame Street) get shoved down below the have-to's (gotta homeschool the youngest, gotta feed the troops, gotta sweep up the dog hair before it turns into another dog, gotta get to work) and the need-to's (need to answer email, need to mow the lawn, need to iron that shirt before I wear it again).

The ought-to's (ought to call that friend and go for coffee, ought to take the recycling away) and the should-do's (should remove that fuzzy object from the back of the fridge, should call my mother), I keep trying to pretend the shoulds and oughts aren't there. It isn't working.
(The fuzzy thing in the back of the fridge may have growled at me this morning when I reached for the creamer.)

MySpace-CommentsSo I end up with a terrible case of White Rabbit Syndrome, rushing here, rushing there, rushing, rushing everywhere.

Oh my furry ears and whiskers, 
look how late it's getting!

Ever feel like this? Chasing the clock, convinced the sun has increased the speed with which it traverses the sky?

I'm late,  I'm late,  
For a very important date. 
No time to say "Hello." 
Goodbye. 
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.  


(For more a2z posts, click HERE:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Disqus for In Truer Ink

ads