Doughnuts, or donuts?

I made doughnuts this morning. (Is it donuts, or doughnuts?) Making them from scratch was a first for me. I generally shy away from mak...

I made doughnuts this morning.


(Is it donuts, or doughnuts?)

Making them from scratch was a first for me. I generally shy away from making anything that requires boiling oil. Not just because fried foods aren't my favorites, but because of the greasy clean-up  involved. Add powdered sugar and glaze to that and you've got all the makings for a real mess. It took me as long to clean up afterward as it did to create those little golden-brown globs of fried dough, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.

Of the five-and-a-half hours I've been awake on this Labor Day holiday, I've spent three of them cooking and cleaning up. And there are two more meals to go! Holiday? Who are we kidding? My to-do list is now divided into categories that have categories.


How about you? Do you rest and relax on these long weekends, or find yourself running around like a squirrel on speed playing catch-up on all your projects?

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Wow! Those sure look great! I think having a plan on holiday weekends is better than having everyone sitting around trying to figure out what to do with their time! Of course, I never have that problem....if I have a book, I'm good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doughnuts just looks cooler to me...but I haven't touched one in probably a decade!

    I know, I'm weird.

    Two deadlines blocked up the holiday, but I did manage a wonderful walk with Hubby and Dog Laura.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE MAKE MORE DOUGHNUTS

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for In Truer Ink

ads