Saving Earth, or Saving People?

Well, I had a list of seven things we are supposed to do on Earth Day from the Huffington Post (see article below), and then... I tried to r...

Well, I had a list of seven things we are supposed to do on Earth Day from the Huffington Post (see article below), and then... I tried to relocate a picture and lost Nos.1-6.
I guess I wasn't supposed to be getting political today!


Buy locally. In my opinion, this could be the seed for change that would rejuvenate not only the planet, but the economic climate of thousands of small towns across the country. The problem is finding enough folks willing to forgo their cushy 401Ks and company perks to start the kinds of local businesses necessary to supply the demand. And it means the rest of us are going to have to give up our Wally World addictions.


Has the focus of Earth Day become saving the "earth" or saving the "people"?

What do you think is the best behavioral change we can implement on Earth Day?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. We do our best to buy everything locally.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to buy local. Our town is so super small that it'd be nearly impossible, especially food-wise (high elevation, rocky soil, cold climate.) I do want to support local businesses, though, and this is a great reminder! I wonder what the other 6 were, LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, that's awesome! I wish we could!

    I have the same problem, Georgiana. And even when we want to support local businesses, the prices are so high it's difficult.
    (I didn't even realize I'd lost 1-6 until after I posted!)

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for In Truer Ink

ads